As a Senior Project Manager with IPS, you will have the authority to drive successful results, moving your projects from preconstruction through final closeout in the safest manner possible while setting industry leading standards by exceeding expectations and embodying Integrity, Performance, and Safety: The IPS Way.
Salary: $120,000 – $150,000 per year. Full time position.
Benefits include: 401k matching, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, health savings account (HSA), life insurance, and paid time off (PTO).
*Per-diem for lodging, travel, and expenses provided.*
- Ensure all safety compliance and quality programs are being executed.
- Actively participate in bidding and preconstruction services as needed.
- Represent IPS as the client’s primary contact.
- Openly and confidently communicate with all other parties involved with the project: owner, subcontractors, other IPS employees, architects/engineers, etc.
- Manage the performance of the support personnel on the project site (project engineer, field superintendents).
- Maintain strict control over the budget and keep the project on schedule.
- Execute subcontracts and purchase orders, approve invoices, and change requests.
- Negotiate contract changes with the client.
- Complete close-out requirements.
- Mentor and train project engineers and assistant project managers for ongoing growth and development.
- Be an active member and leader within IPS, actively participating in committees, make recommendations for new initiatives, and embrace new policies related to Safety, Quality, Continuous Improvement Programs, Lean Construction, and Zero Punch Lists.
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in construction management, engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant construction operations experience working in various general commercial building markets.
- 5+ years of project management experience, including tracking and planning projects
- 5+ years of experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment.
- The desire to succeed. Our best Project Managers are strong leaders and self-starters who drive excellence and meet high standards.
- Effective communication skills to motivate your team, delegate tasks, and present proposals to clients with competence and confidence.
- Build and maintain relationships by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, building consensus, and achieve objectives.
- Experience leading, motivating, and managing various project and program team sizes, while holding team accountable for performance.
- The fortitude to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Multi-tasking with a sense of urgency while maintaining strong attention to detail and accuracy is crucial.
- Ability to construct a critical path project schedule using scheduling software
- Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple areas to achieve a common business objective.
- Demonstrate decisiveness in resolving business problems, making decisions, and identifying priorities.